Friday, May 27, 2016

Smoothie of the Week: Cheaper than a Plane Ticket

How's everyone doing this week? It's been busy busy busy for me! I officially am registered for classes for my Personal Trainer Certification. I am so excited about this one year program because I learn so much better from lectures and doing than from reading a book. This program will be preparing me for multiple certification exams and hands on experience. I absolutely cannot wait! I wish the textbook lists were available already because I'm ready to dive in. My first semester is Anatomical Kinesiology (omg, so excited! I'm always geeking out with my trainers and therapists (massage and PT) about what is doing what, etc), Sports Conditioning and Personal Trainer First Aid & Athletic Training (injury prevention, another passion of mine!).

Anyways, enough geeking out about my nerdy fitness classes. :D On to the smoothie of the week recipe...

Cheaper Than a Plane Ticket Smoothie
This smoothie should temporarily transport you to the beach in Hawaii.

Ingredients
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup pineapple
1/4 cup banana (I love to have bags of sliced frozen bananas in the fridge to thicken smoothies!)
1/4 cup mango
1/2 cup homemade (or not) almond milk
1 tablespoon of coconut oil

Blend it up! Make sure at least one ingredient is frozen to have a chilled smoothie. I prefer to use frozen bananas because it really thickens up the smoothie. 

I am testing new protein powders to find one that is less "punch you in the face with sweetness". This one is good so far. It's not paleo or sweetener free, but it is 100% organic, nutrient dense, and stevia free which makes it a much more mild sweet. I also love that it is dairy free because it gives me more flexibility in use. I don't always want a milk flavor in my smoothies. The complaints I'm finding online with this one is the grainy texture, which is a common issue in dairy free protein powders. I didn't find it to be an issue in this thicker smoothie (I used all frozen fruit!), but I could see it being an issue in thinner smoothies or just in a shaker bottle.

Do you have a favorite not crazy sweet protein powder? Share it in the comments! I'd love to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment